Thursday, March 31, 2011

Mushrooms Galore

A couple weekends ago I found some really cool stuff. My mom, sister, and I were heading out to the local thrift stores, and we had my precious pup, Eve with us. My boyfriend Adam had worked over night, so I brought Eve home with me to spend the night. We were bringing her back to his house, when I realized I didn't have my key. So since we had to wait about half an hour for Adam to get home, we decided to stop by a "yard sale", which was actually taking place in a parking lot. My eye immediately went to a group of beautiful blue bottles. One even had all the signs of the Zodiac embossed on it. I asked how much for the two blue bottles, and the lady selling them said, "50 cents each, and if you want the green ones too I'll throw them in for free." WOW! I also noticed an unopened package of coasters, circa 1970s, that said "Made in UK", and have pictures of a Tudor house on them. Anyone who knows me also knows that Tudor is my FAVORITE type of house...ever. So I got those for a dollar.
After Adam came and got Eve, we headed to the "Habitat for Humanity Restore" which similar to a thrift shop, but usually with higher-end items. I got a cool sugar dish with mushrooms on the front. After that, we went around the corner to the Thrift Shop. There I really hit the jackpot. Aside from the really nice sweaters I found, as I was looking through some clothes bins, I came across a yellow sheet with butterflies (another favorite of mine) and flowers. It looks old, but it was in brand-new condition. I also found an awesome vintage headboard for my bed for when we move into the new house - $10.00.
The mushroom salt and pepper shakers and sugar dish were a find that I must give credit to my mom for. She found one shaker and the sugar dish at a different thrift shop a few weeks prior. She did a little research and found a matching shaker on ebay, which she got for me as well.
All in all a great weekend for vintage finds.

No comments:

Post a Comment